Investment Property Mortgage Loans
AmerUSA.net

Search       Members   Calendar   Help   Home 
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 

Read --> American Landlord: Everything U Need to Know... about Property Management

Read --> American Landlord Law: Everything U Need to Know... about Landlord-Tenant Laws

Read --> American Tenant: Everything U Need to Know... about Your Rights as a Renter

How do you find tenants who abandoned you?
 Moderated by: Admin  
 New Topic   Reply   Print 
AuthorPost
jvm1x

Posted: Mon Sep 18th, 2006 11:46 am
 Quote  Reply 
Yes, I have his work information - left a voicemail but it went to his supervisor.. still waiting.

I have drivers license info and their car plate number.

I am awaiting to hear back from the Post Office to see where I go from here.

Terry in CA

Posted: Sun Sep 17th, 2006 08:28 pm
 Quote  Reply 
This is why in my tips I highlight the fact that LL's should get updated tenant info every year or two.  This should include current employer information, emergency contacts (which can be used sometimes to trace the steps of a former tenant), auto info, cell phone numbers, etc.

Do you not know where they work?  Do you have any of the other info listed above or just a DL number?  If not, why not? 

IF you had them sign a proper OK on an application you can wait a while and then run another credit report on them to see if a new address shows up.

The post office address service requested sometimes works, sometimes does not...it's a crap shoot.  But for sure worth a try.

Sadly bad tenants skip out all of the time.  That is why it is SO important to stay on top of things while tenants are RENTING FROM YOU...with the thought that they might all skip out one day.  Get and update as much as information as you can as often as you can.

After 9-11 it seemed even easier to convince tenants to give you updated emergency contacts, work phone numbers/info, etc.  After all you want to be able to account for and contact all tenants in the event of an emergency. Katrina also helped drive this point home.

Last edited on Sun Sep 17th, 2006 08:28 pm by Terry in CA

halds

Posted: Fri Sep 15th, 2006 09:41 pm
 Quote  Reply 
AS A START, try sending a blank letter to their former address, with "DO NOT forward, return to sender" and "forwarding address requested" on the envelope.

jvm1x

Posted: Fri Sep 15th, 2006 02:27 pm
 Quote  Reply 
My tenants just abandoned me on a property. I am trying to find them since they owe monies.  Once I get an address, I will file in court.

I have their Drivers License number (photo copy) along with a tag number.  Will the DMV provide their current address (if they have it).  The water company would not provide the forwarding address.

Any help would be real appreciated!

-- Jose

P.S. I am new to the forum and I already love it.  Nice to know you can go somewhere to bounce off landlord ideas/problems.  Thanks to all.

Current time is 06:07 am

This site Copyright © 2003 by US Landlord. All rights reserved.